[Pw_forum] Seeking your kind help in conductance calculation

Bibhas Manna mannabibhas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:32:36 CET 2017

Dear PWSCF users,

I am new to Quantum Espresso. I want to calculate the conductance (if
possible I-V curve) of a graphene sheet (32 atoms) in xy plane. I have done
scf and pwcond calculation successfully for the same sheet with the help of
QE-Archive. I want to get electron transportation in x direction, but  all
the examples are done along z direction. So, which things should I change
in my input file to have transport along x direction. My input pwcond file
is:

*&inputcond    outdir='./tmp/'    prefixl='G_vdW-DF2_L',
prefixs='G_vdW-DF2',    !iofspin = 1,    ikind = 1    energy0 =  0.01
denergy = -0.01    ewind = 3.0    epsproj = 1.d-5    nz1 = 4 /  1  0.0 0.0
0.1250000  11*

Please suggest me the necessary changes in the above input file.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciable. Also suggest me regrading
the calculation of conductance based on the data obtained from pwcond.x
calculation. I am attaching my output file for your kind consideration.

Thanking you.
With regards,
Bibhas