[Pw_forum] convergence can't achieved with QE6.0.2 and 5.4.0

Matteo Cococcioni matteo at umn.edu
Fri May 5 11:36:27 CEST 2017

I'm pretty sure forces and stresses were tested in all +U flavors, at least
for the version of the code where they were originally implemented.
It is true that +U typically leads to the creation of several local minima
and maybe this makes the convergence harder. However, I have never seen
a total force staying so constant (and big) as you show. Are the ions
moving at all? How big is your trust radius?
Does the relaxation converge if you set Hubbard_J0 = 0?
Also, is "exxdiv_treatment = 'gygi-baldereschi' " needed?

Matteo