[Pw_forum] Phonon axsf does not move in XCrysden

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Mon Mar 27 11:01:00 CEST 2017

On Monday, March 27, 2017 10:18:08 AM CEST Louis Fry-Bouriaux wrote:
> Hi Xu Huang,
>

>    All I know is there is a similar question to this on the forum asked
> recently: Lorenzo Paulatto answered the following:

This is actually is a completely different issue, I met it myself some time
ago.

The problem is that the axsf file does contain the displaced positions¹ but
xcrysden does not display them. It is an xcrysden bug and I recommed you ask
to the xcrysden mailing list², but there is a chance Tone will read this
message here and he may have an answer.

[1] Even if in DFPT the atoms are not physically displaced, we can find the
displacement patters along which they would move (with amplitude a function of
the temperature), that's what is saved in the axsf file, the displacement
length set to an arbitrary value.