[Pw_forum] __OPENMP flag in QE

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 21:52:29 CET 2017

Hi Ye

the only reason to have __OPENMP with two underscores is that all
preprocessing options in QE start with two underscores. If all
OpenMP-aware compilers honor _OPENMP, I agree that it may be a good
idea to drop one underscore and related "configure" stuff.

The OpenMP-enabled code has been running for years on the BG in
CINECA. I never noticed what you report.

Paolo

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Ye Luo <xw111luoye at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ciao, Paolo,
> Is there a particular reason to keep __OPENMP instead of _OPENMP (single
> underscore) which is automatically added by the compiler when OpenMP is
> requrested?
> I'm asking this question because the __OPENMP flag is missing on BGQ on QE
> 5.X to 6.X when --enable-openmp is added. Using the standard flag may help
> reducing the maintenance pain of configure.
>
> Ye

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222