[Pw_forum] The recalculated pressure is beyond the range specified by press and press_conv_thr

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Jun 7 17:05:30 CEST 2017

the last two pressure values printed
total   stress  (Ry/bohr**3)                   (kbar)     P= 0.08
total   stress  (Ry/bohr**3)                   (kbar)     P= 3.17
are the pressure as computed by the code at the end of the vc-relaxation
with the cutoff sphere deformed according to the cell evolution and the
pressure computed for the SAME ionic configuration but with the cutoff
sphere reset to the proper shape.
If the cutoff is high enough (or if the deformation of the cell) is
small enough these two values should be close.
Increasing the cutoff should make things better.
Alternatively (especially if the cell contracts wrt the initial value)
one can experiment with the ecfixed,qcutz,q2sigma variables.

stefano