[Pw_forum] A problem with HOMO and LUMO for CdS

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Tue Jun 6 12:31:03 CEST 2017

Not sure,

but:

k-points are weird: 20x20x1 for a bulk system - 20x20x20 or 20x20x16
would seem more sensible

128 bands means 256 electrons in your unit cell - but you have only
4 atoms. Better leave it undeclared, so that the code calculates those
for you.

Also, maybe Troullier-Martins pseudos are not the best choice - look
at the SSSP tables to choose them, and remember that if
not-normconserving ecutrho needs to be quite a bit larger than 4 times
ecutwfc - 6 to 12 times, typically. SSSP will tell you the optimal cutoff.

Last, which structure did you use? The code doesn't find any symmetry
operation, and that's also suspicious.

				nicola