[Pw_forum] Magnetic moment of Hydrogen

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sun Jul 23 06:23:18 CEST 2017

dear Rajesh,

nspin =2 (meaning two independent spin components in the density)

metallic calculation or rather define the total magnetization.
nband > 1. 2-3 should be ok. default values are usually fine.

starting_magnetization(1)=anything different from zero, in this case
0.7-0.9 should be ok, even 1.0.

An Hydrogen isolated atom may have some issues due to the fact that one
of the two spin channels should be completely empty and I'm not sure how
the code deal with zero density.

maybe you can do calculations for total_magnetization 0.7, 0.8, 0.9,
0.95, 0.99 and see where it goes.

stefano