[Pw_forum] bands

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Tue Jul 11 15:11:24 CEST 2017

> On 11 Jul 2017, at 13:23, Uttam Paliwal <uttamphy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks i got it. Now i have small queries
> 1. Is there any dependency between k points used in scf calculation and bands calculation. Or we can give k points in bands calculation independent of k points used in scf calculations.

the k-points used in the scf calculation are needed for sampling the full Brillouin zone (so, the uniform grid has to be chosen such as to obtain converged results), the k-points used
in band calculation are completely different, because they are chosen along a given path in the Brillouin zone.

> 2. Description about plotband.x input.

run it interactively, and answer the questions
> 2. Can bands.dat.gnu obtained from plotband program be directly read by gnuplot program.

the format is suitable for programs such as gnuplot

Giovanni

--

Giovanni Cantele, PhD
CNR-SPIN