[Pw_forum] Comparison of total energies

Chukwuemeka Okoye cmi.okoye at unn.edu.ng
Thu Jul 6 16:53:32 CEST 2017

Dear Prof. Nicola Marzari,

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

At the moment, I am actually interested in comparing the same 1: 1: 1: 1
stoichiometry for the quaternary compound, but different  atom arrangements
e.g.Type-I: 1 A atom(0,0,0), 1 B atom(.5,.5,.5), 1 C atom(0.25,0.25,0.25),
1 D atom(0.75,0.75,0.75)

Type-II: 1 A atom(0,0,0), 1 B atom(0.25,0.25,0.25), 1 C atom(0.5,0.5,0.5),
1 D atom(0.75,0.75,0.75)

Type-III: 1 A atom(0,0,0), 1 B atom(0.25,0.25,0.25), 1 C
atom(0.75,0.75,0.75), 1 D atom(0.5,0.5,0.5) .

These calculations are performed with the same pseudo-potentials.

Really, my worry is on the relevance of the total energies in determining
the most stable configuration of atomic arrangement since Quantum Espresso
is not an all-electron method.

Thanks

CMI Okoye

*------------------------------Chukwuemeka M I Okoye*