[Pw_forum] Need help in spin polarized calculations

sayan chaudhuri csayan895 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 06:13:33 CEST 2017

Dear QE experts,

I have another two questions from the reply. May be these are very trivial
but as a beginner I am unable to understand these things.

1. *tot_magnetization works with fixed occupation. *So to use
tot_magnetization card one have to use none but fixed occupation. But in
manual it says fixed occupation works with insulator with a band gap, while
my system is metallic (Heusler system). So what to do in my case?

2. To achieve a reasonable tot_magnetization I have to minimize the total
energy value?

Thanking you in advance,
    Sayan Chaudhuri
    Research Scholar