[Pw_forum] Learning TDDFT calculation in Atomic label (CH4 molecule) using turbo_lanczos.x and turbo_davidson.x

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Sun Jan 29 14:45:56 CET 2017

Dear Prem Sen,

Yes, you are right, both codes (turbo_lanczos.x and turbo_davidson.x) currently cannot be used for metallic systems (using smearing). If a smearing is needed, then it must be implemented (playing with the parameters mixing_mode, mixing_beta, etc. will not help without the smearing, I think).

There is also another code turbo_eels.x which can be used with the smearing. But this code was created to compute electron energy loss spectra (EELS) for solids. You may try to use it for your system in a supercell with k=0 (do not use K_POINTS{gamma}, because it is not supported). The code will produce a file with the dielectric function and inverse dielectric function for a specified transferred momentum q. You may try to set q very small (but not exactly zero), perform the calculation, and then plot the imaginary part of the dielectric function, and see if this it what you need. Be aware that I did not test the turbo_eels.x code for finite systems, so there is no warranty that the results will be correct. Please report what you get, if you decide to try it out. And use the latest version of QE (i.e. 6.0). Thanks!

HTH

Regards,

Iurii

--