[Pw_forum] SOC with Spin Polarization (UP and DOWN SPIN)

Federico Iori federico.iori at u-psud.fr
Fri Jan 27 12:14:31 CET 2017

Hi.

Normally when do you introduce SOC you loose the common polarization UP and DOWN for the spin. Thou it does not make sense anymore talking about spin up and spin down.
Thou for a SOC in QE, you have to specify only noncolin=.true. and lspinorb=.true.
paying attention to use a proper relativistic pseudopotential.

If you do a search for SOC in pwscf forum you will have several indication about this.

Hope this can help.
Have a nice day,
Federico

Federico IORI