[Pw_forum] Help

dario rocca roccad at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 02:48:53 CET 2017

Dear Hassan,
Did you have a good reason to change pseudopotentials?
If you don't, your way of proceeding is not the most "elegant" but still
legitimate.
There are certain approximations and properties which are significantly
more affected by the pseudopotential (an optical
gap approximated at the PBE level is probably weakly affected by the
pseudopotential while at the Bethe-Salpeter equation level of theory
the effect is likely to be more important).
If you do not find the expected result you might try using the
pseudopotentials consistently. Still the pseudopotential
should not change the physics of your problem, and, in case it does, I
would not trust the final result
Best,
Dario