[Pw_forum] Memory usage estimate of the calculation

Jun Jiang jiangjun413 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 00:25:19 CET 2017

Dear All,

I was running the qe6.0 (pw.x)
I find the memory usage estimate in the output files like below
"

Estimated max dynamical RAM per process > 3207.98Mb
Estimated total allocated dynamical RAM > 153983.19Mb
"
To make full use of the RAM and CPU, is it means if I allocated 3208 MB
/cpu and 153984 MB in total for the job, it would be enough for this
calculation ?
If the real RAM usage would be larger than that, how much should I add to
this estimation or how to estimated the other part ?

PS: Is this "Mb" in the code means Megabyte(MB) or Megabit(Mb), I think it
should be Megabyte(MB).

Thanks,
Jun Jiang