[Pw_forum] ESM Example (Al slab with bc2) and Otani/Sugino example

Minoru Otani minoru.otani at aist.go.jp
Fri Feb 24 15:24:31 CET 2017

Dear Louis,

Thank you for using the ESM. The figure 1 in the paper shows how does the unit cell place in the z-direction. As you see, we need to put enough vacuum region on both sides of a slab. Accordingly, the 3rd cell parameter (Lz) becomes large. The z0 is not equal to Lz but equal to Lz/2.

There are some example calculations in ESM_examle directory. I recommend you to have a look at the Aluminum (001) slab calculations with various boundary conditions.

Best regards,
Minoru

Minoru Otani
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Research Centre for Computational Design of Advanced Functional Materials
email : minoru.otani at aist.go.jp <mailto:minoru.otani at aist.go.jp>