[Pw_forum] carrier lifetime, diffusion length, mobility (HASSAN AHMOUM)

Eduardo Menendez eariel99 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:40:00 CET 2017

Dear all,
The mentioned equations are just for for ZnO, and they use some
experimental values of the conductivity. However, the method can be
replicated for other II-VI or III-V compounds. I would not dare to
replicate it for a different class of material.

Computing directly the carrier lifetime is mainly a matter of
eletron-phonon interactions and electron-defect interaction, and
electron-hole recombination. All of them could be done with the help of
Quantum ESPRESSO, using auxiliary codes, but I do not know any
implementation to do it.
I hope someone  hast and cat share it.

Eduardo Menendez-Proupin