[Pw_forum] Optical properties and quasiparticle energy calculation

Federico Iori federico.iori at u-psud.fr
Wed Feb 8 19:06:04 CET 2017

Hi, HTH

1)
You can try YAMBO directly integrated into the QE suite
http://www.yambo-code.org/

it is suited for quasiparticle GW electronic structure and optics calculation (RPA - linear response TDDFT and Bethe-Salpeter equation including excitionic effects)
Moreover you have several flavors in the above calculation that you can add and check as it is reported in the manual (spin polarization in the BSE for example)

There are plenty of examples and tutorial, and tips also in the dedicated forum.
Remember that at the moment, if things are not changed, Yambo is working with Norm Conserving pseudopotential only.

2)
Otherwise there is the GW Wannier code (it should be only for GW electronic structure calculations)
http://www.gwl-code.org/
and also this one is in the QE package.

3) http://west-code.org/

have a look and check maybe with the developers, if now is working not only at the Gamma Kpt only.

4) The Sax project
http://www.sax-project.org/
(GW calculations)

If I forgot something, please, developers forgive me.

Federico IORI
Marie Curie Fellow
Laboratoire de Physique des Solides
Bâtiment 510 - Rue André Rivière