[Pw_forum] installation error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails

Amel Alhassan alhassan.amel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:47:06 CET 2017

Thank you Paolo for translation :D I couldn't get what was the error
actually.

Ok, now checking for gcc and colorgcc, it seems like there is gcc installed
but no colorgcc and I can't even install it.

running

> $ sudo apt-get install colorgcc

I get

>  E: Package 'colorgcc' has no installation candidate

Can I make espresso use gcc instead? How?

Kind regards,
Amel

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Out of the hundreds of lines you posted, the only relevant ones:
>
> >> /usr/bin/colorgcc -O3 -D__GFORTRAN -D__STD_F95 -D__FFTW3  -I../include
> -c customize_signals.c
> >>
> >> make[1]: /usr/bin/colorgcc: Command not found
>
> clearly show that you are trying to use "/usr/bin/colorgcc" as C
> compiler, and that there is no "/usr/bin/colorgcc" in your system
>
> Paolo

Amel Shamseldeen Ali Alhassan
Lecturer
Nile College