[Pw_forum] HSE calculation failed with pwscf v.5.4.0

Hongsheng Liu lhs.happy2007 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:30:44 CET 2017

Dear Paolo,
  Thank you very much for your reply. I check for the memory. You are
right. During the calculation, only few memory is need. But at the end of
the calculation (just after the convergence of scf), the demand of memory
suddenly increased greatly and the job stopped then. Only 14 atoms in my
calculation and the memory in the computer is 128G. I notice that after the
convergence of scf, pwscf always calculates the bands. And calculating
bands usually need a large memory. Is that the reason for the fail? How can
I prevent pwscf from calculating the bands? Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Hongsheng