[Pw_forum] Converged SCF total energies different in 6.0/6.1/6.2

WF kalamaillist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 03:11:10 CET 2017

Dear all,

In tests a normal DFT calculations with Si, I noticed that QE 6.0 and 6.1
gives exactly same total energy with 6.0 and 6.1 (-15.75190880 Ry), but with
QE 6.2.1, the total energy is -15.75191309Ry. I tested this on two different
machines with different compilers, the results are the same across all of
them (at least to last digit). I did some tests on larger systems also and
found even larger difference. This 1e-5 Ry order of difference is not
negligible. Is there anything introduced in 6.2 leads to this difference?
Thanks very much.

Best regards,

Feng

The input file is attached: