[Pw_forum] Getting the interatomic force constants from pw.x

Dan Gil dan.gil9973 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:51:04 CET 2017

Hi,

I am doing a relax calculation with pw.x that is having a hard time meeting
the convergence criteria so I would like to see the force matrix from the
calculations so far.

It seems like ph.x may be better suited to calculate the matrix, but I
would like to avoid starting another calculation since it already took many
hours to get pw.x results so far.

I imagine that pw.x may have the capability to write the force matrix at
every scf loop; it has a force convergence criteria. But I wasn't able to
find any hints in the archives...

In short, my question is: Is it possible to obtain the force matrix at each
scf step in pw.x calculations?

Version 5.2.1.

Current input:
&CONTROL