[Pw_forum] problem in vc-relax convergence

l.eslami at srbiau.ac.ir l.eslami at srbiau.ac.ir
Mon Aug 28 07:22:00 CEST 2017

Hi all,

We are trying to perform vc-relax calculation for a single layer ZnO
sheet in the presence of an oxygen vacancy in a 4*4 suppercell. We have
used espresso-5.4.0. with different psudopotentials such as GGA,
NORMCONS and non relativistic Pseudopotentials: "O.pbe-mt_fhi.upf and
Zn.pbe-mt_fhi.upf,  as well as GBRV pseudopotentials:
“o_pbe_v1.2.uspp.F.UPF” and “zn_pbe_v1.uspp.F.UPF”. The calculations do
not return any error. However, convergences of force and pressure do not
occur even after long time running of the calculations. In fact, the
code starts to decrease force and pressure but after a couple of
relaxation steps they increase. I would be grateful if anyone could
kindly give me any piece of advice to solve the problem.
many thanks,

Leila Eslami
Department of physics,
Islamic Azad University,