[Pw_forum] sc effective pot in atomic code

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Mon Aug 21 10:11:59 CEST 2017

Dear Nicola,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I remember that in HSE functional the long-range parts of HF and PBE are
assumed to cancel each other, but a long-range term E_x(PBE) still remains:
E_xc(HSE)= a*E_x(HF,SR) + (1-a)*E_x(PBE,SR) + E_x(PBE,LR) + E_c(PBE)

Now, you mean that the potential corresponding to E_x(PBE,LR) term also
decays exponentially because it is based on E_x(uniform). OK, I understand
it. Thanks for that.

Best regards,
Mahmoud