[Pw_forum] Open shell system calculations

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Thu Aug 10 09:00:53 CEST 2017

I think spin unpolarized calculations in that case miss a large exchange
correlation contribution coming from spin alignment.
Isolated Mn2+ should have total magnetization equal to 5 (i think). You
can set this from input. Or you can just let the code find the minimum
by itself.

you can use martina-tuckerman option to decouple periodic images.
It's very important for charged systems.
That should reduce the size of supercell needed to have stable numbers.

stefano