[Pw_forum] Cholesky error in higher number of bands

Kanak Datta kanak at umich.edu
Sun Apr 16 13:36:05 CEST 2017

Dear researchers

I want to perform GW calculation using Berkeley GW package. To begin with,
however, I need bands simulation with a large number of bands using pw.x in
QE. I am doing a calculation on hBN monolayer now. However, when I use more
than 1000 bands in bands simulation I get the following error:

     Error in routine  cdiaghg (983):
      problems computing cholesky

I have seen that the same error occurs for other materials when the number
of bands is very large. Has anyone faced this error before? I will be very
grateful if someone could suggest a way around this problem.

Thanks in advance

Kanak Datta
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

Kanak Datta
Graduate Student
Electrical  Engineering and Computer Science
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor