[Pw_forum] Nscf with large number of bands for GW

Kanak Datta kanak at umich.edu
Wed Apr 5 18:43:09 CEST 2017

Dear Thierry

I faced the same Cholesky  problem in my calculation. Although, I
calculated 2000 bands. The problem was gone when we used 'cg'
diagonalization. I also reduced the convergence threshold to 1d-8.
Although, the simulation became very slow, possibly due to 'cg'
diagonalization.

Thanks
Kanak

Kanak Datta
Graduate Student
Electrical  Engineering and Computer Science
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Thierry Clette <thierry.clette at uclouvain.be