[Pw_forum] premature termination of neb.x

Francesco Pelizza francesco.pelizza at strath.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 17:48:27 CEST 2016

Hi Dear users,

I am experiencing and unexpected premature termination of neb.x jobs.

Max_seconds as default is set to 115 and spares days. After 7 days,
neb.x stops to work, no closing/cleaning comments, nothing else, just it
stops to work.

I happens with several systems, is not a problem of convergence of a
determined image or anything else, the output file is just
interrupted/truncated.

I can anyway easily restart the job, its not the issue of loosing CPU
time, but when you queue for HPC it becomes a problem.

Anyway, Somebody encountered that problem? Is a known problem?

Some feedback?

Thank you

Francesco Pelizza