[Pw_forum] can not install parallel run of QE

Rolly Ng rollyng at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 03:24:42 CEST 2016

Hi Tao,

Your problem seems rather related to the operation system.

Are you using Linux or Windows?

If you are using Linux and Intel CPUs then you need to install the Intel
MPI library and make sure that you load the MPI environmental variable
before you run pw.x. Please baidu it.

If the MPI library is loaded, run it as "mpirun -np 8 ./pw.x <input>
out" to use all the cores.

Rolly

On 09/13/2016 05:20 AM, Yu, Tao wrote:

> What of parallel environment is required? like MPI, or something else?
>

> I just want to make sure with that, only serial QE can run. Can we
> still run QE with 8 cores, not crossing nodes? Or that means I can
> only run QE with 1 core.
>

> Tao

PhD. Research Fellow,
Dept. of Physics & Materials Science,