[Pw_forum] lda+U abinitio U

Federico Iori federico.iori at u-psud.fr
Sun Sep 4 11:20:26 CEST 2016

Hi.
I found this online...

http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/~smr2626/hands_on/week1/july4/

could it help?

Federico IORI
Marie Curie Fellow
Laboratoire de Physique des Solides
Bâtiment 510 - Rue André Rivière
91400 Orsay

----- Mensaje original -----

De: "Lorenzo Paulatto" <lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr>
Para: "pw forum" <pw_forum at pwscf.org>
Enviados: Viernes, 2 de Septiembre 2016 17:55:55
Asunto: [Pw_forum] lda+U abinitio U

Hello,
I have a question about how to compute the abinitio U, I'm following the
online Santa Barbara 2009 tutorial (and trying to use the script therein) and
PRB 71, 35105 (2005).

I have a system that is not very large but quite heavy to compute, and have
several atomic species (3 at first, then 4) but only one is problematic, as it
is could be Cerium or other Lanthanoids.

It would be quite anoying and very cpu time consuming for me to properly*
compute U by finite response for all the species, but I'm not sure that
1. it is possible with the available toolchain
2. it makes sense

Also, if somebody (e.g. Matteo) has some more recent and/or more user friendly
code to compute dalpha/dn I'm a taker.

thank you for your help!

*) by properly I mean take care that it is converged with the supercell size

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6