[Pw_forum] The coordinate of X-point in GaAs band structure calculation

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Mon Oct 31 10:50:59 CET 2016

Dear Evan,

On 31/10/2016 08:51, evan wrote:

> Dear Stefano
>
> Thank you for your reply, but I do not understand what’s you meaning
> in the last letter.
>
> What I want to know is that when the lattice structure of GaAs (fcc)
> is different from the simulation cell (sc, ibrav =1 in my
> calculations), the coordinates of high symmetry points in Brillioun
> zone of which lattice structure (fcc or those of sc) I should specify
> in the PWscf input file?
>
> I am not familiar with this issue, but it is important for my study.
> Thank you for your patience.

then I would suggest that you get familiar with the concepts of real and
reciprocal space, supercells and refolding of points in the Brillouin zone.
In your calculation 16 valence bands are computed. Did you wonder why
and what they are ?
The coordinates of the X point are not your problem.

regards,

stefano
---
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], "Pray, Mr.
Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers
come out?"  I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of
ideas that could provoke such a question.
                 -- Charles Babbage