[Pw_forum] The coordinate of X-point in GaAs band structure calculation

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sat Oct 29 20:17:33 CEST 2016

Dear Evan,
    GaAS structure is zincblend (2 atoms per cell). its X point is
indeed 2pi/a(1,0,0).
    if you choose to compute GaAs in a SC cell (8 atoms pr cell) then
that point is indeed equivalent to Gamma. The zone boundary of the SC
cell is pi/a(1,0,0) but this of course does not correspond to the X
point of the zincblend structure.
   HTH
  stefano