[Pw_forum] two different pseudopotential in a relax calculation

Neha Bothra neha3bothra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:12:51 CEST 2016

Dear all,
            I am trying to relax a system in which methanol is kept at 7
ang distance from Au atom doped in graphene. For this I am using
generalized gradient approximation (GGA) with the PBE exchange-correlation
functional and *Vanderbilt ultrasoft pseudopotential*. But methanol is
getting dissociated.
               But when I am taking the above mentioned pseudopotential for
Au only and *RRKJUS ultrasoft pseudopotential* (GGA with the PBE
exchange-correlation functional) for other atoms ( C, H and O) then
methanol is not getting dissociated at the distance of 4 ang only.
                So I want to ask is it correct to take two different
pseudopotential together for further calculation (e.g. nudged elastic band
calculation)

Thank you in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Neha Bothra,