[Pw_forum] Gathering an array scattered on nodes

Vahid Askarpour vh261281 at dal.ca
Tue Oct 25 21:27:13 CEST 2016

Dear QE Users,

I have a 3-D allocatable array, A_wedge(3,nbnd,nk_wedge), where the first element is x,y,z, nbnd is the number of bands and nk_wedge is the number of k points in the irreducible zone. The array is broadcast across the nodes and I can print all the elements from mpime=ionode_id. I get the same answer when I run the code serially and print the elements. The parallelization (I must use pools) is over the k points in the wedge, ik_wedge.

Next, in the same code I use the QE-6.0 symmetry package to generate the allocatable array A_bz(3,nbnd,ik_bz). Here, the parallelization is still over the k points in the wedge. So for node=1, I may get 20 elements of A_bz for the particular values of ik_wedge while for node=2, I may get more. This happens because the k points in the wedge have different multiplicities.

So by now, I have A_bz(3,nbnd,nk_bz) scattered across nodes. Does QE have a way of writing A_bz to file?

Thank you,

Vahid

Vahid Askarpour
Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science
Dalhousie University,
Halifax, NS, Canada