[Pw_forum] The errors from IOTK library

Pietro Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Tue Oct 25 11:06:14 CEST 2016

Dear Oahn

Sorry my previous answer was maybe a little bit cryptic.

I suggested you to download again the pseudopotentials because in a
from_scratch scf computation the iotk are used only to read
pseudopotential files; the most likely cause of your error is that some
of you pseudo is corrupted.

The pseudopotentials you use should be all for  the same functional.

So Ta.pbe Se.pbe and Pd.pbe as in your previous input. You can find them
is the site of QE.

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/upf_files/Ta.pbe-hgh.UPF

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/upf_files/Se.pbe-hgh.UPF

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/upf_files/Pd.pbe-hgh.UPF

When you download them check that the last line of each .upf file
contains the string

</UPF>

regards - pietro