[Pw_forum] PhD and Postdoctoral Positions: Dynamics of Condensed Matter

Thomas Kühne tkuehne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:10:13 CEST 2016

In the Dynamics of Condensed Matter group  <>we are aiming to develop novel computational methods to study complex many-body systems such as liquids, interfaces, solutions and solids from first-principles. Along those lines we have multiple PhD and postdoctoral research positions to offer, funded by an ERC starting grant. Each project consists of both, method development and application.

Potential candidates should have a Master degree in Chemistry, Physics, or related discipline and a strong interest in computer simulations as well as programming. Basic experience with Linux, numerical methods of theoretical physics/chemistry, electronic structure methods and/or molecular dynamics are desirable - but specific knowledge of any of these areas is less critical than exceptional intellectual ability and a demonstrated track record of achievement.

Consideration of the candidates will begin immediately until the position is filled. Applications in electronic form including contact information of at least two academic references should be directed to tdkuehne at mail.upb.de <mailto:tdkuehne at mail.upb.de>.

Prof. Dr. Thomas D. Kühne
Dynamics of Condensed Matter
Department of Chemistry
University of Paderborn