[Pw_forum] Parallel Execution

Kanak Datta kanakeee08 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:09:33 CEST 2016

Hi

Reply to Manu Hedge:

I have been using a windows platform computer. It is run on windows 7
enterprise version.

Reply to Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer:

I faced no problem with mpich2 before. I am facing them now. I saw your
documentation at QE website and followed the first command:
m p i e x e c   - l o c a l o n l y   #   p w   . .

I get the error: unknown option: -localonly

Then I executed the second one:

m p i e x e c   - n p   #   p w   . . .

This time the process works, but the processes are serial, not parallel.

I don't know where the problem is. My installed MPI version is:

mpich2-1.4.1p1

The same mpi version that I had used before.

This is where currently things are.

It would be really helpful to me if I could get some help in this issue.
Thanks in advance

--
Kanak Datta
Lecturer