[Pw_forum] Parallel execution

Kanak Datta kanakeee08 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:17:01 CEST 2016

Dear researchers

I have been facing problem while running quantum espresso in parallel
format. I have been using the code:

mpiexec -localonly -np 8 pw <Si.scf.inp> Si.scf.out

The code seemed to work fine. However, when I run the same code now, I get
the following message:

Unknown option: -localonly

I am trying to run espresso version 5.3 compatible to mpich2 64 bit. I
think the problem is with mpi.

Can anyone help in this regard? has anyone else faced this issue before?
Apart from mpi, what else can be used to perform parallel execution on
windows platform?

Please let me know at your earliest.

--
Kanak Datta