[Pw_forum] Running in Parallel

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:16:57 CET 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Mofrad, Amir Mehdi (MU-Student) <
amzf5 at mail.missouri.edu> wrote:

However, after I compiled it to the newer version 6, apparently the
> simulation gets frozen (it dumps some information on the output file
> though). It recognizes the parallel version also (writes down the number of
> processors at the beginning of the output file). So I can't diagnose what
> the problem is.

you have to, because (I cannot be 100% sure, but 99.99%, yes) the problem
is on your machine's side, not on QE side. As a first step, look at
differences between the previous "make.sys" and the current "make.inc"

Paolo

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222