[Pw_forum] Running in Parallel

Mofrad, Amir Mehdi (MU-Student) amzf5 at mail.missouri.edu
Mon Nov 28 19:49:07 CET 2016

I used to run the older version of QE in parallel on a cluster using SLURM with the following command in job script and it worked fine.

              mpirun pw.x -inp $INPUTFILE

However, after I compiled it to the newer version 6, apparently the simulation gets frozen (it dumps some information on the output file though). It recognizes the parallel version also (writes down the number of processors at the beginning of the output file). So I can't diagnose what the problem is. Any help would be thoroughly appreciated.