[Pw_forum] Unit-cell and Super-cell bandgap difference

dario rocca roccad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:34:51 CET 2016

Dear Vipul,
the difference (0.4 eV) in energy between the cell and the supercell is
sizeable.You should try to understand this problem first of all.
To compare you don't need to relax. If you relax two equivalent systems
(cell and 2x2x2 supercell) you should obtain consistent results,
namely that the supercell has double the lattice parameter of the cell
Best
Dario