[Pw_forum] Phonon Restarting From Killed Job

MICHALCHUK Adam adam.michalchuk at ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 11:25:29 CET 2016

Hello,

I've tried to hunt through the forums for an answer, and tried the few suggestions that were there (removing restart* files, etC), but nothing is working - if there is a forum entry I missed please let me know!

I am running phonon calculations across an n*n*n grid. After the first few q-points have been successfully calculated, the job was killed (not using the max_seconds command). On restarting, I get the iotk_scan_tag error, which has been chalked up previously to a gfortran error. However, if the calculation does make it to the max_seconds, there is no problem in restarting. Is there any other way to make the code recognise at least the q-points that have already been calculated? At present I must restart the entire calculation.

Very many thanks for any assistance,

Best wishes,

Adam

--