[Pw_forum] wrong representation in qe-6.0: Bad but working solution

Antoine JAY antoine.jay at polytechnique.edu
Tue Nov 15 14:05:00 CET 2016

To avoid this error message and to be able to do the phonon calculation
without modifying the file "random_matrix.f90", I slightly modified the
last decimals of the input atomic positions and lattice parameters.
This does not change significantly the the inter atomic forces which are
still quite null (<10^-5 Ry/au) nor the stress tensor, but this noise is
enough to separate non-degenerated modes.

Antoine Jay

Answering myself: later, for a specific k-point. Quick example showing the
problem attached.

Paolo