[Pw_forum] Phosphorene Bandstructure using spin-orbit Coupling

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Mon Nov 7 10:06:22 CET 2016

that means that in the post-processing input that generates src.bands.ps there is some error, because it is not possible that you
double the number of bands but you don’t find them.

In these cases, before asking help, it is much easier and faster to make some checks. For example: after changing nbnd=20 to nbnd=40, are there new eigenvalues
(at higher energies) printed in the nscf output? Or else: try to make the plot as you are doing with nbnd=20, nbnd-40, nbnd=60 and if it always appears the same,
it is the post-processing that makes the plot that has some problem, maybe in the energy range you specify in the input.

Giovanni

e-mail: giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Phone: +39 081 676910