[Pw_forum] London Dispersion force: DFT-D2

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Tue May 3 11:11:30 CEST 2016

Dear Martin
There is a brand-new implementation of vdwdf by Thonhauser and his group (Thonhauser, T.; Zuluaga, S.; Arter, C. A.; Berland, K.; Schröder, E.;
Hyldgaard, P. Spin Signature of Nonlocal Correlation Binding in Metal-Organic Frameworks. Phys. Rev. Lett. 2015, 115, 136402) which handles well open-
shell systems. It has been added to v 5.2.1 or v 5.3.0. Time ago I did some "handmade correction" to DFT-D2 to investigate the absorption of zinc
phthalocianine on ZnO by using some force-field derived (AMBER or CHARMM, I do not remember well) C6 coefficients. I ended in using vdwdf, though...
HTH
Giuseppe