[Pw_forum] London Dispersion force: DFT-D2

Elliot Menkah elliotsmenkah at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 02:41:49 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I'm trying to account for  the energy contribution of London dispersion
forces on the total energy of a hydrazine-nickel system.

Could someone please assist me as to how to account for London
dispersion forces with QE or essentially how to do a DFT-D2 calculation
with the the aim of accounting for the energy contribution of dispersion
forces.

When I correct the net-surface dipole on a system by using the variables
and values below, does it affect the energy from dispersion forces, if
so, how?
How does correcting the net-surface dipole relate to accounting for
dispersion forces?

------------------------------
&CONTROL
tefield = .TRUE.,
       dipfield = .TRUE.,
       disk_io = 'low',

&SYSTEM
       edir=3,
       emaxpos=0.65,
       eopreg=0.06,
       eamp=0,
------------------------------

I'm basically trying to account for London dispersion forces on a
hydrazine-nickel system.
Any info to help my computation would be gladly appreciated.
Thank you

Kind Regards,
Elliot

--
Elliot S. Menkah, AMRSC
Research Student - Computational Chemistry/ Computational Material Science

Tel: +233 243-055-717

Alt Email: esmenkah at knust.edu.gh
           elliotsmenkah at gmail.com
           elliotsmenkah at hotmail.com