[Pw_forum] Restart pw.x in a different machine

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:55:03 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Malicious Scientist <
scientist.malicious at gmail.com> wrote:

I want to migrate the execution between different machines

it is not going to work unless the different machines have the same binary
representation of numbers, or unless you convert wavefunction and
charge-density files to formatted and back to unformatted

> but at first I'm trying to stop the computation and restart it at the same
> machine, just with a different number of processes.

you cannot (for PW; for CP you can). Restarting from an incomplete job
works only on the same machine and with the same number of processors. You
can run a new job with a different number of processors only if you start
from final data.

Paolo

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Joshua Davis <davis101 at chemistry.msu.edu>
wrote:

> Dear Joaquim,
>
> you may want to look up the "wfcollect" option under &CONTROL
>

> http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PW.html#__top__
>
> Joshua Davis
> Michigan State University
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM Malicious Scientist <
> scientist.malicious at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Nicola,
>>
>> Sorry, my mistake.

>> Name: Joaquim José Xavier
>> Institution: Faculdade de Educação, Ciências, e Letras do Sertão Central
>> - Quixadá - Ceará - Brasil
>> http://www.uece.br/feclesc/
>>> http://www.quantum-espresso.org/forum/#1.0
>>>
>>> *Sign your post with your name and affiliation.*
>>>
>>> nicola

>>> http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/pw_user_guide/node19.html
>>> ).

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222