[Pw_forum] defining atom groups

Neven Golenić nevensky at hdd.hr
Fri Jun 24 11:29:30 CEST 2016

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a way to define separate atom groups in QE
(specifically for CPMD and BOMD) as one can do in classical MD software
like GROMACS within an index file. I couldn’t find any reference to it in
the docs nor on the web. The main purpose of this would be to somehow
separate the positions/forces/energies of a ligand from the many hundreds
of explicit solvent molecules surrounding it. This doesn’t seem possible
within QE but any alternative suggestions would be helpful.

—
Kind Regards
Neven