[Pw_forum] Spin orbit coupling

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Sat Jun 11 12:48:44 CEST 2016

Dear user
First of all sign your posts with name and scientific affiliation, please.

When you start using a new code you should read the documentation
before computing.

Apart from the general documentation, there are several examples
embedded in the QE distribution. Look into

your-path-to-QE/PW/examples/README

and you will find

example07:
     This example shows how to use pw.x to calculate the total energy
     and the band structure of fcc-Pt with a fully relativistic US-PP
     which includes spin-orbit effects.

Then look into the example directory

your-path-to-QE/PW/examples/example07/README