[Pw_forum] Running Test Suite: "Unknown" Error

Ian Dunn iansdunn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 18:23:10 CEST 2016

Hi!

I just compiled Quantum Espresso 5.4.0 on my Ubuntu machine by running
"make all" in the directory espresso-5.4.0.  When I run "make test-suite"
all the tests pass except for two of the tests.  Most of the tests succeed
and display a command line output such as:

pw_scf - scf-allfrac.in: Passed.

However two of the tests are not passing, and the command line output is:

pw_scf - scf-1.in: Unknown.
pw_scf - scf-disk_io-1.in: Unknown.

Does anyone have any ideas on why these tests are not passing?  When I look
at espresso-5.4.0/test-suite/pw_scf/test.out.070616.inp\=scf-disk_io-1.in
and espresso-5.4.0/test-suite/pw_scf/test.out.070616.inp\=scf-1.in I find
that both of these files end with:

  JOB DONE

so I'm not sure what is going wrong.  Thanks for your help!

Best,
Ian Dunn
Columbia University