[Pw_forum] US

Konrad Gruszka kgruszka at wip.pcz.pl
Fri Jun 3 10:01:54 CEST 2016

Dear A. Shekaari

The energy cutoffs depend strongly on pseudopotentials that You use. If
You are using ultrasoft pp then the answer is yes. In general, metals
need to have high cutoffs.

More general: before any calculation one always should do the cutoffs vs
energy convergence tests. Only then You will see, what cutoff do You
need to use. I don't think is Your system 2D or 3D relevant at all.

Konrad.